Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Warm oats and freezing cold

It was so cold this morning!  Minus 6 degrees, what is this – the North Pole???

Preworkout snack – 1/2 of a Fudge Graham Zone bar.  I got totally addicted to these last year and had to cut them out for a while.  I am trying to limit soy, but these are so easy to have around.

zone

There was a fire drill in the middle of my workout, and all of us had to go out into the freezing cold for 15 minutes today!  Brrrr….

I was so excited to come back to some warm oatmeal:

oats

1/2 cup oats cooked with pumpkin pie spice and 1 tsp brown sugar.

Stirred in 1/2 cup canned pumpkin at the end.  Topped with a bit of that cranberry sauce I made and a sprinkling of coconut.  I wolfed this bowl down!

3 comments:

Vee said...

I hope you were allowed to grab a jacket for your fire drill! I can't imagine going out all covered in sweat with only workout clothes.

Sounds like you're doing great. Keep it up! Vee at www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I might have to take your word up for it, and try one of those bars!

Nutritious is Delicious said...

Fire drill in the middle of your workout.....that is NO GOOD! lol


Delicious oatmeal!