Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oats and more!

I had fun with my oats this morning.



Oats cooked with pumpkin pie spice. Stirred in 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin at the end. Topped with some cranberry sauce and a tsp of homemade sunflower butter. Then I decided I wanted some crunch, so sprinkled on about 1/2 a serving of Paul Newman's Sweet Enough cereal. This was a fun, textural bowl!

Lunch was a curry salad made with cooked chicken, chopped grapes and pear, light mayo and curry powder. Served on Ezekiel bread. I like the Ezekiel bread, but it is not so wow that I want to spend $5 on another loaf, when I can get a good whole grain for half that.

2 comments:

Vee said...

I actually made oatmeal this morning. Not the packaged kind but the one in the round box and cooked on the stove. I ate mine with just Smart Balance and Honey and my Tween ate it with cinnamon and honey. No lunch yet but I'm starting to get hungry! Vee at www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the ezekiel, it was good, but not $5 good.