Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes

Well - how about a different breakfast for a change?? This would normally be my day for the usual protein pancakes with blueberries, but I wanted to change it up.



The mix was:
1 egg
15 g rice protein powder (apprx 1 tbsp)
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup water.

I blended it all together without the water at first, but the batter was super, duper thick. So I thinned it out.
Topped with sliced banana and cranberry sauce. I loved the taste combo of this. The pancakes were a little on the dry side, I think a tsp of oil, or maybe just using 2 eggs would make these more moist. Very filling, though!

Without toppings, the pancakes are about 250 calories for the whole batch. 20 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

20g of protein? AWESOME!!

The Duo Dishes said...

Wowee, that's a protein packed breakfast. Keeps you full for hours and hours.