Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lunch in a barn!

We went out to lunch today (my choice for winning the fantasy football!). I chose The Silo. We like eating here, they only are open for breakfast and lunch, so it's pretty much only on a weekend.
I decided on the farm hand sandwich, which was ham, turkey and cranberry sauce with french toast bread. A bit like a monte cristo - only *not* deep fried! It was good. Canned cranberry sauce, but still tasty.


Went for an afternoon jog, then came back and had our standard afternoon latte:


Keeping with the different theme for dinner, I decided to have fish! I am not a big fish eater, it just tastes too fishy to me. I know that's silly, but tuna is as close to fish as I normally get.
Anyway, these were potato breaded white fish filets that I cooked in the toaster oven. They were pretty good, although I'm not likely to eat them again because at a calorie count of 240, they only had 9 grams of protein. Not quite up to snuff on nutrient value for me. More roasted broccoli and 2 clementines rounded out dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that sandwich looks amazing! And love the dinner! Go roasted broccoli!!