Monday, January 26, 2009

Wheat berry success!

I found some wheat berries to try with breakfast. I just cooked them on the stove like brown rice yesterday, and have them stored in the fridge. Here they are sprinkled on top of my pumpkin oats:

The wheat berries are kind of like steel cut oats, but they have a shell to them almost. Kind of like the pop when you bite into a pomegranate seed, and the chew of steel cut oats. I like them.

John had some french toast made with my home made wheat bread, which is almost gone! Topped with unsweetened coconut and maple syrup:


Lunch was a tuna salad with lemon pepper wrap on a multigrain flatout. With a small banana spread with 2 tsp of natural peanut butter. Yum!

4 comments:

Yours Truly said...

oh my gosh, what a wonderful way to treat oneself!

i love the pictures along with the imaginative taste in my head right now =D

love your blog

please visit my new food blog on the block when you have time

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, what a wonderful way to treat oneself!

Jessica604 said...

Wheat berries? Pumpkin oats?

...and I haven't even tried steel cut oats yet!

Something tells me that I have to inject my diet with a good portion of whole grains.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled into your blog while looking for a place to chat with other foodies. I'm morbidly obese, trying to loose weight without doing gastric bypass, and i LOVE food. I've been trying a more natural route as well, and have lost 60lbs without even trying. I love the pictures you put up here and that you include recipes. I'm definitely going to try the pumpkin cream of wheat! Thanks for the inspiration! Keep up the good work!