Monday, January 19, 2009

Nutty nuggets and tuna

For some reason, I bought the store brand of Grape Nuts, which are called Nutty Nuggets. I really don't eat cold cereal, with the exception of granola (which I mix into yogurt). But, this stuff doesn't have sugar (unlike official Grape Nuts), and a good amount of fiber.
So, thought I would try my pumpkin oats with Nutty nuggets added.

1/3 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup Nutty Nuggets
1 cup water
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
pinch of salt.
After cooking, I stirred in protein powder and 1/2 cup pumpkin. Topped with a dollop of cranberry sauce. This breakfast looks a lot like what I have every other day LOL!
The Nutty Nuggets definitely gave the oatmeal more chewiness, and a thicker texture, which I found quite appealing - plus a different flavor that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe more 'wheaty'.

Lunch was tuna salad on my wonderful wheat bread (see post below). With a side of mesclun mix and some clems. Looks so fresh and healthy!

No comments: