Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Breakfast cookie


I made these awhile ago, but am just now getting around to posting the recipe. It's from The BodyArt Cookbook: Physique Transformations

It's kind of a mix between a pancake and a big moist oatmeal cookie, and I can again see many possible variations on this. I did a gingersnap version.

1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats
15 g protein powder
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1 tbsp ground flax meal
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground clove
1/2 tsp ground ginger

2 egg whites (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
sweetener of choice (I used 1 tsp of molasses)

Mix everything together in a bowl, and add enough water to make a batter - around 1/4 cup or less.
Cook on the stove like pancakes, or you can use muffin cups and bake them in the toaster oven (although I have not tried this yet). I would say several minutes per side to make sure the cookies are done all the way through.

It made 3 big cookies (as pictured above). They aren't really sweet - so adjust the sweetener as you need to (and adjust calories)

The total calories for the recipe - 272 calories, 5 grams fat, 29 grams carbs, 6 grams fiber, 30 grams protein.

I ate all 3 as my breakfast, yum! I could certainly see making some cream cheese frosting for these and having one as a snack!!
Think I might try some with cocoa powder next or maybe pumpkin and craisins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cookies for breakfast?! My 2 yr old would LOVE these!