This soup was very tasty. I used a 450 gram sweet potato, it was pretty big and made a couple cups of soup.
Sweet potato soup
* 2 large sweet potato(es)
* 2 cup canned chicken broth, divided
* 1 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine
* 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
* 1/4 tsp ground ginger
* 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
* 1 Tbsp chopped pecans
* Pell, then cook the sweet potatoes in a microwave or pressure cooker until soft.
* Combine sweet potatoes and 3/4 cup of broth in a blender or food processor; blend or process until smooth, about 1 minute. Set potato mixture aside.
* Melt margarine in a medium-size saucepan; stir in flour and ginger, and then add milk. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Cook 1 minute more and then stir in sweet potato mixture and remaining 1 1/4 cups of broth. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 5 minutes more. Pour into 4 serving bowls and sprinkle each with 3/4 teaspoon of pecans. Yields about 1 cup per serving.